Friday 13 March 2015

Broken Promises: A Father's Agony


All night long, I stayed by her bedside, holding her hand. As dawn broke, our daughter came into this world. The moment I cradled her in my arms, I was smitten, head over heels in love. And I vowed, right then and there, that I would always be there for her, come what may. But fate had other plans, and someone else broke that promise for me. My little girl was taken away, and I was powerless to stop it.

Now, day in and day out, I carry an unspeakable pain, a weight on my heart that never lifts. I catch only brief glimpses of my children, if at all, exchanging nothing more than holiday greetings. They're out there somewhere, living their lives, but I have no idea where, with whom, or how they're doing. I can't reach out to them, can't whisper in their ears that I love them. It's an agony that never lets up.

Happy Mother's Day.


No comments:

Post a Comment