Friday 13 January 2023

Letting Go

Letting Go 

Think not that I still, when making tea,
Take two cups out; one for you, one for me.
Think not that I lose myself, in your hair,
Each time I find a strand so fair.
Think not that I, when homeward bound,
Check the window, hoping you'll be found.
Think not that I reach out, in the night,
To feel your touch, or hold you tight.
Think not that I miss, our morning embrace,
Or the way you brightened my waking face.
Think not that I climb, the stairs with glee,
Expecting you to reply, when I say "hello" to thee.
Think not that I, through old photos, wade,
In search of moments, for which I've stayed.
Think not that my heart races, when someone I see,
That looks like you, but is not meant to be.
Think not that I wander, through places so fair,
Hoping to find you, waiting there.
Think not that I miss you, for it cannot be;
In truth, I've set you free.



No comments:

Post a Comment