Saturday 18 February 2023

A View From The Tree Stump

 


A View From The Tree Stump

With walls climbing high and ivy so fair,
Our chance meeting happened at the library without a care.

Her polka-dot dress and French sandals with ease,
Embodying the English rose, she swayed in the gentle breeze.

Her beauty not a fleeting glance could grasp,
It grew with each moment, as if given a second chance to last.

Her heart and soul, the most precious of all,
Worth more to me than any gem or hall.

With hazel eyes that shone, and lips of cherry red,
Her hair and cheekbones finely bred.

That she liked me, I could hardly believe,
But grateful for our love, forever to perceive.

In denim shorts and converse boots on our feet,
We left the town's noise for a sanctuary complete.

Birds and crickets filled the air with their sound,
My heart beating fast, the only noise I found.

The orange blossom scent followed us all the way,
A fragrance of love that blossomed that day.

As we looked at the graves and talked our worries away,
I knew in my heart that this was where I wanted to stay.

Eating sandwiches and crisps, drinking Vimto, too,
Our senses entwined with a love so true.

The setting sun painted the sky with gold,
A moment of love that we'll forever hold.

She was the sunrise that lit up my day,
The moon that guided me in every way.

In her, I found my sanctuary of love,
A place where the heart finds peace like a dove.

No comments:

Post a Comment