Thursday 23 February 2023

Forgiveness




Forgiveness


Forgiveness, a weighty task

For those who've wronged us in the past

But still we try, with hope in heart

To move beyond the pain and start


My parents, who split before my eyes

Left me with questions, without goodbyes

My father, distant, rarely near

A stranger to me, throughout the years


My children's mother, she took flight

Left me alone, in the dead of night

Accusations hurled, lies abound

My world shattered, my heart unbound


My family, they turned away

Disowned me, left me in dismay

And at school, just a young child

Pushed down, teased, left hurt inside.


My ex, who played a cruel game

Lied to me, with no sense of shame

In love with someone new, I learned

But falsely blamed, my fate was turned


The bullies who laughed at my legs

The one who smashed a bottle on my head

And those who broke my bones, so true

I forgive them all, what else can I do?


For in forgiveness, there is strength

It frees the soul, it takes the length

Of pain and anger, hurt and fear

And turns it into love, so clear


So I forgive, and I let go

Of all the pain, the hurt, the woe

For life is short, and time flies fast

And in forgiveness, we find peace at last.

No comments:

Post a Comment